Saturday, October 20, 2007

Excited and also a bit concerned

Well!

I just read an e-mail from CKU and they have posted the 2008 CKU cities and they are coming to Chicago in March! Woo Hoo! I am very excited about this! I heard they were working on coming to Chicago and I definitely will be there for the fun! CKU is "Creating Keepsakes University" and it is a fun and exciting time for scrapbookers. They have classes, crops, contests and tons of stuff for you to try and see! I went to CKU this year in Detroit and I had a wonderful time. I definitely knew I would go again. Registration starts in December so I just can't wait to see what they offer. I do hope they do the same format this year. It was classes one day and an album track the next day (an album track is an all day project where you complete one album). Sweet!

Now here is the reason for my concern. Every year my job has a meeting for all the auditors from our department. We meet in a location (usually Las Vegas) and we are there for the week. This year it was in March. More than likely next year it will be in March again! We usually have it in February but they may change the venue to March because of the company conventions they may want us to attend. This is a problem! I don't know if I will be able to go to CKU in Chicago. They haven't told us yet when the meeting will be held. I need to be at CKU from Thursday to Saturday (there usual time). My meetings are usually an all week affair. Not good! I am excited but panicked all in the same breath. I will e-mail the administrator in our department to see if she could give me a hint.

The last time CKU came to Chicago it sold out in fifteen minutes! That's right fifteen minutes! That is super fast! I signed up for CKU Detroit late and I did not several classes I wanted to take (but I was very happy with the classes I did get). I want to make sure I get the classes I really want this time. Wish me tons of luck I really need it!

Well I must go! I am on my way to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL! It's Fright Fest and I plan on taking many pictures! I am going with two good friends Jodi and Becky so stay tuned for some great stories and pictures!

Ta Ta!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

OH NO! I hope they aren't on the same week!!!

Sheila said...

I hope you'll be able to attend CKU. My daughter would be looking at you with green eyes... she loves Great Adventures.

Virtuous said...

Gurl where do you live again?!?
I used to go to Six Flags in IL when I was growing up!! And have you had the chance to go to Gurnee Mills too? :op

I hope your work schedule doesn't conflict with CKU. Sounds like TONS of fun!