Friday, January 1, 2010
It's been a long time and I have no apologies. Seriously I don't. The past few years it has been fun to read blogs, post to my blog and respond and meet some wonderful people. But lately there hasn't been any inspiration.
Someone gave me a wonderful idea to just blog twice a month. On first thought it was a great idea. But I haven't done that either. Why you may ask. Well I just don't have the time and the desire.
So my New Year's resolution to myself was to end Cassandra's Conumdrum. Yes that's right I will end this blog. Why try to update something I have no inspiration to continue? Even though I won't continue to use this blog I won't delete it. I have several highly recommended recipes, connections to other wonderful bloggers here and maybe someone could use this site for reference.
Thank you for all your support. It was appreciated.
Please enjoy your New Year! May God Bless you!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I was reading one of my favorite blogs Sew Mama Sew. Very inspirational. Even though my sewing has been on the backburner for some time I'm always pleased to read about sewing.
Here's a meme from the sew mama sew blog they posted and I decided to try. I need some type of jump start to blogging again. LOL!
What brand and model do you have?
Singer Anniversary addition (don't ask what anniversary)
How long have you had it?
I believe I purchased it in 1989.
How much does that machine cost (approximately)?
Around $400 to $500.
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)?
How much do you sew?
Not as much as I would like to. I haven't sewn in months. I'm trying to find some sewing mojo.
How much wear and tear does the machine get?
Not much! LOL! I rarely sew.
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?
My sewing machine doesn't have a name. I'm not crazy about it. But it works.
What features does your machine have that work well for you?
None offhand. It's just an O.K machine.
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
The bunching of the thread under the presser foot.
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree?
Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
Nope none at all. I guess if I used it more it would be different.
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?
No, I don't think it's a great machine. It's a bit mediocre in my opinion.
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?
Comfort in using the machine and good features.
Do you have a dream machine?
I actually would prefer to try many different machines. I haven't done this so before I make a judgement I would like to try a Pfaff, Baby Lock, Elna, Bernina and many others.
Simple meme. As you can see I don't have many strong opinions on sewing machines. I'm very openminded. Now if I can only start sewing again I think I would be on the right track.
Wish me tons of luck.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I'm modeling these while at my mother's home. She was very impressed with my work. Watching her look over my workmanship made me feel all puffed up and proud! LOL!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
But I've been busy with a few things. For National Crochet month I started a new crochet project. I didn't want to spend any money on yarn when I had so much in my stash. So I decided to go through my yarn. There was a whole one pound skein of blue yarn which was calling my name. While in Hobby Lobby I found a really quick and easy afghan pattern by Red Heart to make. Then I remembered my cousin Joyce. Joyce has been recuperating at home for the past year after a serious stroke. She doesn't get out of the bed often so I thought this might make the perfect gift. I call it "A Gift for Joyce".
I really like this pattern. It called for a super saver skein of Red Heart yarn but since I had the Carons One Pound Skein of yarn I thought it would be a good substitution. But low and behold I didn't test gauge and I ran out of yarn.
Here's a close up photo of the afghan. I love it! The pattern really looks good.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Overall things have been good but busy for me. I'm still working at the same job thankfully. Things are going well so far. I'm thankful to work nonetheless.
Now that I'm back I plan on changing a few things about my blogging. You'll see the changes over the next few months. I plan on writing more about my hobbies, changing the appearance of my blog and well as some other fun things.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
10 Things you wish you could say to ten different people
1. I love you but that doesn't mean I have to like you.
2. That was seriously stupid. What were you thinking?
3. God takes care of children and fools. So you're well covered!
4. I'm not taking care of you and yours because you made mistakes in your life. Get a grip, make some goals and get yourself together.
5. If you don't have anything to say SHUT UP!
6. You're not that great of a friend to me. I just don't see why you expect so much more than you give in return.
7. Get over yourself! Just because you wear nice clothes and have lots of discretionary income does not make you better than anyone.
8.Did I ask you for you opinion?
9. Your way isn't the only way to do things
10. I have better things to do with my time!
9 Things about yourself
1. I'm tall and I like it now. I hated being tall when I was younger.
2. I'm very sensitive, my feelings get hurt easily and I react unpleasantly.
3. I love adventure and I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie
4. I love crafts and I'm willing to dabble in most
5. I love traveling.
6. I like serial killer shows (creepy I know)
7. I love to read books (mysteries are my favorite)
8. Shopping is so much fun at all times. It doesn't matter what it is either!
9. I like to cook.
8 Ways to win my heart
1. Treat me with respect
2. Be romantic
3. Be a good friend
4. Take care of yourself and your business
5. Have goals
6. Be a good kisser
7. A good hugger too
8. Live with an open heart and mind
7 Things that cross my mind a lot
1. Are they going to lay me off from my job?
2. I don't want to spend too much money
3. How's my brother. Is he getting the care he needs
4. I hope mom isn't sitting at home bored. I hope she gets up and does something!
5. My aunt is going to kill herself eating all the time. It's a shame!
6. I hope I pass this class and get a part time job.
7. What do I need to do and when can I do it?
6 Thing I do before I fall asleep
1. Watch television
2. Turn down the heat.
3. Clean out the sink
4. Take vitamins and pills
5. wash up
6. find Edgar
5 People I couldn’t live without
I think that's it for me. I actually can and may have to live without them but my mom and brother mean the world to me. It would be a hard life.
4 Things I am wearing right now
1. Tweed Pants
2. long underwear. It's cold here in Chicagoland
3. Rust sweater
3 Songs that fit my life perfectly
1. Happy - Mary J Blige
I can't think of anything else. I'm not that much into music. I may need to get back to you this one. LOL!
2 Thing I want to do before I die
1. Go to Africa
2. Win the lottery!
I don't have much to confess. My life isn't exciting. I wish I did have someone in my life but that's about it. I'm a magnet for men who want me to take care of them, boring and user type men. But don't worry! I run and get away from the as fast I can! LOL!
This was fun! I hope you enjoy it.