Saturday, March 22, 2008

San Antonio

Well, here I am in San Antonio, Texas enjoying the weather. It's a wonderful seventy degrees and I am having a blast. I spent the day at Six Flags Fiesta, Texas this Saturday and I road two rollercoasters. What fun! I love rollercoasters but I think I am getting too old for them! LOL! I rode one called the The Rattler which is properly named. I felt rattled when I was done. There was a three hour wait to get on this ride. I loved it until the end when it jerked to a stop. You see I had to go to the bathroom (due to the long wait in line plus a bottle of water which was much needed due to the heat) and I almost had an accident! Luckily I didn't! After that I decided to eat and rest a while because I was pretty dizzy. The next ride I tackled was called The Boomerang. This was even better than The Rattler to me! It went upside down twice and then went backwards! Too Cool! I was dizzy and queasy after this ride. This was the last ride I did while I was there. I thought I better stop while I was ahead. Besides I was only interested in the rollercoasters. I bought a season pass and I plan to go back tomorrow to do some of the other rollercoasters I didn't do today. I didn't have enough time to do them all anyway unless you bought the fast pass card which is too expensive in my opinion. It's like buying another ticket to the park.

Yesterday I went to the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. It's very pretty there! It even smells really nice because of all the flowers blooming on the paths. I went to the mall and walked around then I listened to South American band who played native instruments. Then I decided to take the boat ride around the Riverwalk to see what was there. Many shops, restaurants, bars, statues, landscaping and landmarks were to be seen. I used this ride to plot the areas I wanted to visit. But because I went on a Friday night it was very crowded and I spent most of my time trying to find someplace to eat which wasn't too crowded. I wanted to eat outside on the actual Riverwalk but that didn't seem possible without a very long wait. I found a restaurant close to the mall I started in and ate a sensible dinner of friend catfish. Yum!

Here are some wonderful pictures of the Riverwalk with captions
The boats on the Riverwalk offer a wonderful guided tour. The ride is easy and last about 25 minutes long. All the landscaping along the river is beautiful.
This is a hotel which was a school before. The architecture was beautiful. I thought how wonderful it would have been to go to a school on the river like this.
O.K. I have a funny story about this statue. It's a statue of Saint Antonio donated by Portugal. As I stood in front on it about to take a picture I noticed something going on behind it. There was a guy behind there taking a leak! I he said excuse me and ran off! I was standing there with my mouth wide open when this guy patted me on the back and laughed. I guess I had the ultimate look of shock on my face. Geez! What are people thinking! It's a saint for goodness sake! There are bathrooms close by!
Excuse my photo. I was trying to quickly take a picture of this mariachi band serenading this couple on the Riverwalk. It was just starting to get dark. There were many roving bands on the Riverwalk Friday evening. The aviance was wonderful!Here is the famous Alamo. It's located in downtown San Antonio not too far from the Riverwalk. It's very impressive and beautiful. There are many markers of historical significance around the site. I didn't get a chance to go because it was late but I am glad I got a chance to see it.
Well that's all of my photos of San Antonio. I have been working all week so I didn't go sightseeing at all. I just waited for the weekend to enjoy myself.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!
Toodles!







2 comments:

Virtuous said...

OOh thanks for sharing a bit of San Antonio with us!

Seems like you had a great trip overall!

Happy Easter to you too!

Sheila said...

How did I miss this post. Great pics and glad you had a nice time.