Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!




I hope each and every one of you had a fantastic Easter! Today I didn't get to go to church but I had a good day. I actually slept in until 10:30am! It felt good! I really needed it. I got up got dressed and located an I-HOP and had a very late breakfast. Afterward I went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and spent the day riding the roller coasters. It was terrific! It was much better than yesterday. The lines were awful yesterday. I spent three hours waiting to get on one Roller coaster and an hour on another. That alone tired me out. Today I got a chance to ride the other roller coasters offered at the park. The lines were much shorter than yesterday! I simply ran and got on the rides today or I had a very short wait of about 20 minutes which was fabulous! Yesterday some of the roller coasters were not open. Today they opened them all but the latest called "Goliath". I really wanted to check that one out but it doesn't seem ready to run. Anyway it was a great day! I rode The Poltergeist, The Boomerang (again), The Roadrunner, Superman, Der Twister (another wonderful ride not a roller coaster) and Die Fledermaus ( the swing). It was a good day! Today was a bit cooler than yesterday so I didn't consider riding any of the water rides. I didn't want to be wet and get a cold.


Here are some photos I took at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. There are these beautiful man made waterfalls in the park. I really thought they were great photo opportunities. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of me. Maybe next time!



This is one of the really cool rides I found by the Superman roller coaster. It's called Das Fledermaus (wave swinger). It was really fun. The ride spins around and the total rides goes around and around while its spinning. I screamed the whole time (but I do this on all rides LOL!).






The whole Six Flags experience was made possible this weekend due to me using my coin savings. I don't know about you guys but at the end of each day I empty my pockets of change and I put them into different banks per coin( quarter, nickels, dimes and pennies). When I fill a bank I use the money for fun things. I filled my quarter container and I ended up with $135! I was too happy! I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the money. I like going to the amusement parks and I also wanted to visit more water parks (which I love). Since Six Flags has both I decided to buy a season pass. I will not take a personally funded vacation, so I figured I would take some time to visit the water park and amusement parks in Illinois, St. Louis and Texas. A friend of mine told me her daughter purchased her season passes in other places besides Illinois because they were cheaper in other states and they could be used in Illinois. I checked and the prices were cheaper (by at least $20) here in Texas. So I used the money to buy a season pass and I also learned you could purchase a parking season pass too. It cost $15 to park at Six Flags! Not cheap with even with a season pass. I checked and you can use them at other parks too! The cost of the season parking pass was $45. So Voila! I bought the season pass and the parking pass with my quarter savings! The total cost was around $115. Woo Hoo! I feel good now! I also spent money earlier in the week to purchase a Couture sewing book from Barnes and Noble. I am very satisfied with myself! I have a tendency to try to buy mostly needed stuff with found money (I get teased sometimes) So this feels so good!


I was wondering if any of you have a system for saving money. If not you should consider it. I simply empty my pockets of all change every time I come home. I separate it by coins and I spend the money only when I fill the container. I never fill all the coin containers at the same time. The dimes take the longest (maybe I need a smaller container (tee hee)). I am not sure how long it takes to fill a container but I think I will slip a piece of paper into the bank so I will know when I began my saving. If you need change you can always make your change and slip a few dollar bills into the bank. Find a system that works for you! It's nice to have some money to spend on whatever you want.


It took a lot of will power for me to not purchase anything for my hobbies. I already spent enough money and I have a serious collection of things already. This is what kept me from going crazy with those expenditures. But I am very satisfied with the way I used my money. I should get a lot of pleasure from the season pass this summer. I can't wait!


I hope you all have a wonderful week!


Smooches!

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

You just visiting all the Six Flags now! LOL

Yep you managed your money very wisely! $135 in coins!! Wow!

I had a great Easter! Hope yours was lovely too!

Sheila said...

Glad you had a fab time at Six Flags... I need to send my daughter over to your house, she's always asking me to take her to Six Flags...lol. That's so funny, that I do the same thing with my coins and have gone to the extent of purchasing coin wrappers, I tend to give them to my nieces & nephews when they ask for money...lol.

Still Patrice said...

Happy easter.. I wrap my coins then deposit them at the bank once i get so many