Sunday, November 30, 2008

End of Holiday Weekend Post

Howdy folks!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I did! I cooked. I don't think I want to do it again unless its at my house (I did it at Mom's). I made a cajun Thanksgiving dinner. I pulled my Paul Prudhommes Cajun Kitchen cookbook out and set to creating a menu. I made Roast pork, Cajun meatloaf, Cajun dressing, homemade dinner rolls, salad and a banana cake. Everything was good except for the banana cake which fell apart when my mom took it out the pan. LOL! The bottom stuck. It was a mess and she tried to frost it anyway. Poor mom! But everything tasted good. I mean really good! I'm very proud of myself.

I didn't go out to do any after Thanksgiving shopping on Friday but I did on Saturday! You know that JoAnn's sale that started at 7am? I went! I was the first one standing in the doorway (but not the first car in the parking lot) to get in to buy a dress form. That's right! I finally got my dress form! It cost $99! I couldn't pass it up! I also purchased the super size knitting needles, a wreath for my door, two 10 yard bolts of interfacing for $2.99, the latest Sew Simple magazine, a pattern to make my mom an outfit for Christmas and material. I was on a mission.

I must say the ladies who were waiting with me were quite socialable and pleasant to talk to while waiting. We all wanted to know what each other was there to purchase. People were there for all types of things. This lady from Peoria, IL wanted a dress form too and we looked out for each other. LOL! Other ladies wanted interfacing and Christmas decorations and misc other sewing supplies. It was great. Not crowded or rowdy or anything. I would definitely do it again.

I was at my mother's home early on Thanksgiving and I didn't leave until Saturday. I got home and took a nap then proceeded to put my dress form together, cut out the pattern for my mom's outfit then do a little cleaning. I'm pretty pleased with my weekend.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm off to have a roast pork sandwich for lunch!

Bon Appetit!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

YAY for your dress form! I love mine! glad you had a good time shopping and a good holiday!

Virtuous said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday and got some great deals at Joann's!! I'm gonna get me a dress form one day for my knitting of course! ;o)

Sheila said...

You definitely had a great Thanksgiving Weekend. A Cajun Thanksgiving dinner sounds so appetizing and the Cajun Meatloaf….sounds even more delicious.

Glad you were able to get your dress form. I went to JoAnns on Sunday and caught the .99 butterick patterns, some fleece and interfacing, but I was only able to get the Pellon sew-in interfacing, but couldn’t beat the price at .25 a pack.

Still Patrice said...

whooo hooo for dress form!!

Brothers Blog said...

cajun turkey sounds good. I had one a few years back very delicious. Glad your T-Day was great.

Anonymous said...

Broattelo [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-mobic-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Mobic without no prescription online[/url] [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Cipro-online.aspx]Order cheap Cipro online[/url]