Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Frogging...

I finally decided to frog some of my UFO's which were not turning out how they should. I don't know what gets into me and why I do these things to myself. I made two different things a cardigan sweater and a cropped jacket.

The cardigan sweater I had worked on off and on since last summer. I completed the back, two front panels and sleeves. The pattern called for 48 ounces of worsted weight yarn. I had used 60 ounces and I had to buy two more 16 ounce skeins to complete the sleeves which I had to buy a contrasting color because I couldn't match the dye lot. The sweater was going to be huge! I mean seriously huge and I knew that after I finished the back. So someone tell me why I did not stop myself? PLEASE! So now after completing most of it I finally decided to stop and start over from the beginning. That's right! The beginning! I knew I wasn't going to wear it and I didn't want to give it away with the money and time I invested into it. I decided my best bet would be to frog it and start over fresh. But this time I will finish it and it will fit. I already made a sample to test my gauge and I have started fresh.
The crop jacket was very easy but again I made it too large! It was so pathetic I had to take a picture or two so you could get my drift! I made the sleeves about six inches too long! What is wrong with me. The back was large and the front was not properly constructed. Can we all say "HOT MESS"? I should be ashamed. I knew something was wrong in the beginning and I kept going. I need some serious help. None the less I frogged it too! That will be my next crocheted clothing project.



I tried to work on my next sewing project but I needed to fill a bobbin with the proper color thread. This was not working at all! The bobbin winder on my machine would not cooperate. Finally I called my local JoAnn's ( I purchased my machine there about 20 years ago) and asked if they could assist me. The lady in the sewing machine department was nice and told me to bring it in. I did so Saturday afternoon and she had no clue. She had never seen this type of bobbin winder ( I have one with the drop in bobbin winder). She tried though. No luck at all with it. So now I needed to take it in for repairs. I took my sewing machine to Hancock fabrics to have the repairman look at it and he found the issue. Now my machine is working fine. I am ready to start a new project when I return home! Yah!

I am now in San Antonio and I do not expect to be home until Friday or maybe Saturday (it's a longer stay than usual). I can't wait to get home . But the weekend I spent some quality time at the Six Flags waterpark. I had a great time of course and its a wonderful way to spend a very hot Saturday. I also took some time to ride the new rollercoaster called "Goliath". Boy I am getting old! I was so dizzy afterwards! I loved it though but I couldn't even think about doing it again! Funny! I spent Sunday relaxing and catching up on some sleep. A good weekend.



I have big plans when I return home. I will be calling around to have central air installed in my home ( something I should have done a long time ago). If I can get over that one small hurdle I will be good.



I hope everyone is having a great week!

Smooches!

8 comments:

Virtuous said...

Well it is good that you "saw the light" in regards to your projects! :o) Nothing wrong with "Do Overs" you will be so much happier!

Ooh gurl I would just wither up over here in the south without central air!!

Be safe on your way back from San Antonio!

Adrienne said...

Ohhh so sorry about your bobbin!!!!!! Have a safe trip back!

KimT said...

I feel your pain. I am currently re-working some UFOs as well.n It will be worth it to have a well fitted garment to show off!
I know you are excited about the central air! much needed on a hot muggy day in chicagoland!

Sheila said...

Once you've redone the projects it will be worth all the headache in the end.

I purchased a bobbin winder from JoAnn's - totally love.

Central A/C woohoo... go gurl.

urbanknitrix said...

I know how you feel about the projects. I was the same way about Starsky. It was a green monster and I knew it. I just kept chugging on though, because I was delusional, knowing damn well I was NOT going to wear it. I knit the back, sides and arms, them seamed them in place and I quit AFTER picking up all the stitches for the collar. Did I say delusional. Ugh.

Good Luck on the reknit.

Ilix said...

oooooo six flags!! That sounds like so much fun. Sorry to hear about your frog pond trip, but hey at least you did it! I still have two sweater that I will never wear that are in the frog pile!

Still Patrice said...

lol I throw mine away.

eek! at your bobbin!

Anonymous said...

bhcznmyra MCM mcm,mcm リュック,mcm 財布,mcm バッグ,mcm 長財布 oaglqwgxo http://www.mcmoutletja.com/
qzjvtnzzl